The learner would be trained by highly trained and skilled trainers, having ample experience in the field of close protection. Our close protection course also includes the Level 3 first aid at work qualification, which is a mandatory requirement before you can apply for your close protection license. Close protection operatives are also commonly known as body guards, their main role is to protect their principal.
- Duration: 13 Days (Additional three days if you don’t have approved first aid qualification)
- Price: £880
- Learner entry requirements: Should be 18 and above, should understand English.
- Level: Level 3 QCF Certificate
Assessment of close protection CP courses
Assessment is by multiple choice exam and Practical Demonstration/Assignment
- Multiple choice exam : The Multiple choice examination must be carried out under exam conditions and a full SIA Identification check would be completed.
- Demonstration of practical skills: This element is internally assessed by the center and quality assured by the awarding body.
After completing the qualification you should be able to
On successful completion of the qualification enables learners to apply for an SIA license in Close Protection. The qualification covers legislation, responsibilities, and roles relevant to people working in the close protection industry; including: threat assessment, risk management, surveillance techniques, venue security operations, designing and demonstrating operational planning, interpersonal skills, teamwork, reconnaissance, conducting close protection foot drills, planning and selecting routes, vehicle movement tactics and operations, search techniques and procedures, and conflict management techniques.
Close protection training modules
Close Protection Specialist Module
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Close Protection Operative
- Threat and Risk Assessment
- Surveillance Awareness
- Operational Planning
- Law and Legislation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Close Protection Teamwork and Briefing
- Conduct Reconnaissance
- Close Protection Foot Drills
- Route Selection
- Close Protection Journey Management
- Search Procedures
- Incident Management
- Venue Security
Conflict Management Module
- Avoiding Conflict and Reducing Personal Risk
- Defusing Conflict
- Resolving and Learning from Conflict
- Application of Communication Skills and Conflict Management
- Delivery of the close protection training
Delivery of CP training
Guided learning hours for this qualification are 140, of which 138 are mandatory contact hours which are defined as the time in the presence of a tutor, trainer or during an assessment. Training must be delivered over a minimum of 12 days (there is no minimum number of hours set per day, due to the “real-time” method of training). These are an SIA requirement and will not be reduced under any circumstances except the approved exemption arrangement.
Training venue for close protection training
The Close Protection training in Birmingham would be held at Elite House, 70 Warwick street, B12 0NL Birmingham.